What can you expect when you build a modular home? Unlike a traditional stick-built home, your modular home is actually manufactured offsite and then assembled on your lot once it’s ready.
This process can save you time and money, so it’s a great choice for anyone looking to build a home!
Our Building Process
1. LOT PURCHASE: It’s best to have a lot chosen before you start looking at floor plans.
2. CHOOSING A FLOOR PLAN: Together we’ll go over your choices and help you find the right fit.
3. FINALIZING YOUR FINANCES: Once we’ve made a decision on your housing style and upgrades, you can submit your plans to your builder.
4. CONSTRUCTION: We’ll construct the modules of your home in a climate-controlled factory setting offsite. During this time we’ll also take care of any lot prep such as grading and clearing.
5. ASSEMBLY: The modules are shipped to your lot and assembled on site.
6. THE FINISHING TOUCHES: After assembly, we finish by hooking up utilities, adding additional siding, and installing any appliances and fixtures.
7. FINALLY, IT'S TIME TO MOVE IN!
Will I be able to monitor the construction of my home?
Your modular home will be built offsite in a climate-controlled setting, so you won’t be able to see each module being built. Once your house is ready for assembly, each module will be shipped to your building site and your home will be assembled together. We inspect each stage of the process, so there’s no need to worry about the progress!
After reviewing my plans, how long will it take to complete?
Modular homes typically take about 4-6 weeks from start to finish. Because they’re built offsite and then assembled later, there’s very little chance for delay due to harsh weather conditions or other circumstances. Talk to us about your timeline and we’ll go over the details before we get started.
When do I need to have decisions made about cabinets, paint colors, flooring, lighting, etc?
The more prepared you are, the faster this process can be! Having these decisions in place early in the process can help our building experts review your ideas and make recommendations that will fit your budget and your preferences.
What if I find something wrong with my modular home after I move in?
Because of our rigorous inspection process, it’s unlikely anything will be wrong once we hand over the keys. In the event there is something in your new home that needs extra attention, our in-house service team is available to make any repairs needed after you’ve moved in.
Your first step to building a modular home is buying land.
For more information on how to choose the best lot for your new home, check out our free guide.
It’s not as simple as you might think!