It’s no secret that the custom modular home building process is fast, efficient, and completely customizable. However, maybe you’ve always wondered how much of your home you can actually customize?
There is a lot that goes into building a home, but one of the best parts of building a modular home with Carolina Custom Homes is that every part of the process is 100% customizable! That’s why we wanted to put together a complete list of our customization options, so you can learn more about our process, and how you’re able to create the perfect home from start to finish.
A Closer Look at the Custom Home Building Process
We realize there is a lot that goes into modular home construction. From picking the right floor plan to finding the perfect building materials, there are a lot of moving parts involved in the process from start to finish.
While modular homes are known for their energy efficiency and streamlined construction process, we wanted to explain more of the modular home design process, so you can explore all your options prior to construction.
At Carolina Custom Homes, you’ll be able to work alongside our experienced design specialists to design your own custom modular home prior to construction. Whether that means you’d like to move walls, modify external hardware, or change the interior fixtures, nothing is out of reach. Our team of experts are here to assist you in any way possible.
When you work with our team, you can expect:
- • A team of experienced design specialists, working alongside you every step of the way
- • A professional and knowledgeable construction team, whose primary goal is to get your home built in a reasonable time frame
- • Complete freedom to customize your floor plan opportunities
- • Every decision you make comes backed by a full 2/10 year warranty we place on all our homes
No matter what you need, we want your affordable custom-built home to suit the needs of your family. If that means modifying every aspect of your home, our team will do whatever it takes to bring your vision to life.
How Does the Customization Process Work?
The modular customization process is very different from traditional site-built homes. Our team’s primary goal is to be transparent with you throughout the entire process, and let you fully design your house prior to the build phase. In order to prep your home for construction, our team of designers will walk you through the following steps, so you can get started creating the home of your dreams:
- • First, you’ll select the floor plan that suits your family’s needs
- • Submit your selection to your designer, in order to receive a quote for the standard factory construction price of your home
- • You will then meet with your designer to review the initial quote and select and your custom home finishes
- • Once you’ve found the perfect finishes, we will send you a turn-key quote, that includes your custom selections in the all-in price
- • We will submit your design request to the manufacturer once you’ve approved the quote, so they can begin construction
- • We will conduct an on-site visit of your piece of land, to get a more accurate estimate of potential construction costs, such as foundation, clearing, and shrub removal
- • Once all this has been completed, all that’s left to do is sign your contract and submit a good faith deposit, which is fully refundable after being held for six months
Our entire process is designed to help you build a charming, unique, or modern modular home - whatever you envision, we will bring to life. Once you’ve made your final choices, we can begin building your home. Whether you want a traditional two-story home, cape cod, or one story rancher, our team will make the process seamless from start to finish.
What Customizations Options Are Available?
We realize there is a lot to choose from when it’s time to craft your custom home plan. Luckily, our team is easy to work with, and can help you find the finishes that suit your taste. Our customization features include:
- • Picking your home’s board and batten vinyl siding colors
- • Modifying Foundational Features
- • Insulation, water heaters, and your furnace can all be hand selected
- • Select your own warranty and disclosures
- • Extensive Home Exterior Services
- • Pick your doors, hardware, exterior siding, and sheathing
- • Select architectural features like shingles, dormers, and windows
- • Creative Home Interior Services
- • Basic internal features can be modified like flooring, decking, lighting, trim, and hardware
- • We can help you find the perfect fireplace and surrounds
- • Select what you matters most in your bathroom, kitchen, laundry room
- • Modify the countertops, wall tile, faucets, kitchen sinks, and more
- Create Kitchen Cabinets
- • Choose the material, style, and frame options for your cabinets
- • Select the interior and exterior of your cabinets
- • Chose the back paneling, shelves, drawer box, and other components of your cabinets
The customization possibilities truly are endless! If you’re ready to start exploring the possibilities of custom home building, get started by selecting the floor plan of your dreams today.