When it comes to building a home for the first time (or even the seventh time) there is plenty of excitement to be had over the thought of your dream home. However, in order to make the most of your brand new home, there are a few less exciting but equally important aspects that have to be considered - like a home warranty.
A home warranty is an additional layer of protection homeowners have to guarantee their home’s safety for years to come. Today, we’re taking a closer look at what modular home warranty coverage can do for you, and the home warranty’s Carolina Custom Homes offers our customers.
What Is A Home Warranty?
When it comes to building a home, modular construction is very reliable and is known for its energy efficiency and expedited timeline compared to traditional stick-built home construction. However, as a homeowner, it’s nice to have additional peace of mind once you move in, in case a home appliance or system doesn’t act the way it should a few years down the road.
A home warranty is guaranteed home protection, based on an annual agreement or contract signed by the homeowner and the warranty provider. Within this agreement, a homeowner can place a warranty claim on any covered home systems and appliances that become inoperable during their allotted coverage agreement. Typically, this means an HVAC system, water heater, or other appliance can be repaired or replaced if it’s failing during your home warranty.
Covered items are usually standard home appliances and systems that you and your family depend on for daily use. Rather than outsource to a home warranty company, Carolina Custom Homes provides modular home warranty plans to all our homeowners, so you have peace of mind moving forward.
Just like site-built homes, modular homes are capable of experiencing problems over time. While it can be troublesome, Carolina Custom Homes is here to help our homeowners have the peace of mind and protection they need when they move into their brand new custom home.
First Time Homeowner Must-Haves
As a homeowner, there are a few must-have things you should have in place to protect your home, so you can avoid first time home buyer mistakes. If you’re about to move and don’t have one of the following scheduled, contracted, or installed, it might be time to jumpstart your moving preparations:
- Purchase a Home Warranty
- Typically a manufactured home warranty has to be purchased through a third party. With Carolina Custom Homes, we provide several home warranties to our customers, so you have additional peace of mind and less work.
- Set Up Utilities
- Your HVAC, gas, and water will all be connected, but you’ll have to contact service providers to begin service.
- Install a Security System
- Additional peace of mind is important, so if you want to protect your modular home, have a security system installed to keep an eye on things while you’re away.
- Homeowners Insurance
- This is one of the most important things you can have as a homeowner. This protects your home and personal possessions in case the unimaginable happens.
- Arrange Maintenance Service
- If you know you’re not one to schedule maintenance appointments, then set up annual maintenance agreements with your respective providers well in advance.
First Time Homeowner Must-Haves
At Carolina Custom Homes, we treat our building process and modular home warranties with the utmost importance. That’s why we offer several home warranties to protect our homeowners, which is just one of the advantages of hiring custom home builders.
Our custom modular home building process is done with two things in mind - to create stronger and more structurally sound homes than traditional stick-built homes. Every one of our houses is built to withstand hurricane-force winds and earthquake conditions, so you’ll never have to worry about the integrity of your home. With Carolina Custom Homes of Burlington, you’ll enjoy these warranties:
- • 10-Year Structural Warranty
- • 10-Year HVAC Warranty from Trane
- • 2-10 Year Home Buyers Warranty
- • ENERGY STAR® Certification
We want to provide you with the home of your dreams, but also believe in protecting that home, so you and your family have security for years to come.
Still wondering if Carolina Custom Homes is the perfect fit for your family? Download our free guide, 5 Reasons to Choose CCH, to learn more about our custom home construction process.